Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's been too long

It's been too long since my last post that I'm not sure I'll recap everything but here are the biggies:

My first week back at Hall's, I found out that the Merchandising Assistant for Couture and Fine Jewelry position was vacant.  Holy cow did I jump on that!  I talked my buyer's ear off daily, I interviewed, and found out Wednesday I got the job!  YES!!!  I am so excited to start though I don't know when that will be.

Wednesday morning I flew to Boston for opening night of the Boston Symphony.  Was everyone dressed to the nines!  I wore my black recital dress with a red wrap loaned to me by Lisa.  I attended the cocktail hour before and when I went to pick up my ticket I couldn't believe the price: $1000!!  And, it was FREE!  I walked around the room sipping champagne and viewing the historic instruments.  During the course of the evening about a half dozen ladies complimented the wrap and thought it was gorgeous!  Thanks, Lisa!

The concert was amazing.  When James Levine came out, the audience gave him a standing ovation!  The orchestra began with a Glinka overture (which I played a transcription of at ESM horn choir), a beautiful Tchaikovsky aria, and then Pictures at an Exhibition.  Oh my goodness was that principle tuba AMAZING!  I've never heard the tuba solo played like that; it was great!  After the concert Michael and I met up and rode a trolley over to this fancy-shmancy Boston hotel for a post concert dinner.  The ballroom set with tables was something from out of the movies.  It too was dressed to the nines.  The three course meal was sumptuous, the people at our table were very pleasant to visit with, plus we got a party favor of a crystal votive with color applied Faberge.  What a great souvenir.  Michael was even recognized as one of the new members of the orchestra and was introduced to many contributors.  How nice of the BSO to show their appreciation and respect for him.

I was so pleased to be able to be a part of the beginning of a new success for him.  It was sad to leave on Thursday, but when I got there on Wednesday he asked me to stay.  Perhaps one day I will.

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip and congrats on the promotion! Hope it's everything you want it to be!