Monday, September 8, 2008

I love my "prayer plant."

Saturday was my last day at Burberry.  YES!  I can't wait to get back to the great, supportive family at Hall's.

Grandma and I were going to go on a road trip together to visit my great aunt Ann in Milwaukee, swing by Chicago and visit Emily, Leslie, and Dario.  I got a call from Grandma this afternoon and this morning she fell and broke her wrist and the trip's off.  I couldn't believe what she was telling me.  I might still have a childish trait, thinking my grandparents are invincible.  We were both really looking forward to our trip and are bummed it's not going to work out.

Went to church with Dad for the first time in months and it was great to see my friends there.  It's just incredibly hard to work, spend time with a friend on a Saturday night, then get up at 6:30 to shower, and then drive half an hour to meet Dad for the 8:15am service.  I wish St. Andrew was closer to downtown.

Molly is such a naughty kitty!  She has been chewing my "prayer plant" and it really makes me mad!  She started doing it the last Saturday, the day before Michael left for Boston and she hasn't let up.  Last week I bought wheat grass seeds and planted grass for her.  It's out, next to her favorite spot, and I even sprinkled cat nip on and around it to make it extra attractive.  That little stinker chews on the grass but is still wanting the "prayer plant."  Guess the next step is to find a spray for the plant that will make it taste bad to her.  If that doesn't work, I'll need some suggestions.  That "prayer plant" is just so sentimental to me and I can't have her wrecking it!

No comments: