Monday, September 15, 2008

Home.

Boston was a lot of fun.  My favorite parts of the trip were: 1. Michael, 2. Red Sox game, and 3. A shared cannoli from Mike's.  Since I left Boston, "Sweet Caroline" has been running through my head non stop from that baseball game.  It seems like there's so much tradition with Red Sox fans, it was so fun to immediately feel a part of it.  Whenever the Red Sox would score, everyone would be high-fiving!  The boys that kept having Michael and me stand up to get out of the aisle to either get more beer or pee were really nice.  Every time I'd pass money down from the vendors, people would smile.  There was just so many people smiling!  Even when the Sox were down, people sitting around us were friendly and still smiling.  I'm sure it's not always like that, but I'd like to think that it is.

My 6 a.m. Sunday morning flight home was really tiring.  Plus, when I got to my Dad's, we couldn't find Molly for a really, really long time.  At least an hour passed.  I was scared, stressed, and got a headache.  We finally found her; glad she was safe and healthy.

Even though I enjoyed my few days in Boston, I didn't love it like I remembered.  I thought that I was more of a city girl, but my heart's in the midwest and especially the prairie.  When I was a little girl, my grandmother gave me a light blue tee shirt with wheat on it that said, "Prairie Person."  'Suppose that's me.

No comments: