Tuesday, September 9, 2008

priceline.com

Who doesn't love priceline.com when it saves you $299.53 on a flight for a last minute trip to Boston?  I couldn't believe the savings.  When I put in my first bid and it was so far away from the actual prices, I thought that there was no way I'd get the flight but I did!  So now I have something to do all week and I'll get to spend Michael's birthday with him.  I can't wait to get back to Boston.

So I was on the phone with my friend Emily last night and we were talking about shopping.  Thanks to Michael, I have learned the skills of research, negotiation, and as I like to call it, "treasure hunting."  Yesterday I did a bit of hunting at Re Runs in Westport.  I found a beautiful gold bracelet with leaves and pearls and two handkerchiefs.  I can definitely wear the bracelet for opening night of the BSO later this month.  Score!

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Woah! What an exciting change of plans! Just wait till I tell you about our change of plans... Too bad for Grandma! I've never pricelined a flight, just hotels. Good idea!