Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We've gone gaga for GaGa


I've been thinking about a blog entry for Lady GaGa and here it is. She was always on my radar but it wasn't until a few months ago that I went gaga. My moment happened during an early season episode of American Idol when groups of contestants sang Bad Romance a capella. It put my over the edge. After going nutty for Mr. McQueen's armadillo shoes from his Spring show, I felt proud when Our Lady showed them off in a video.

I love it that there's a bassoon quartet at my alma mater who performed a medley of GaGa songs on a recital. Michael showed me another YouTube of a string quartet at Yale doing the same thing. When I went to look for the link to that video, I wound up with all kinds of kids performing their own renditions of her classics.

And tonight on the Evening News, Diane Sawyer showed us the Oklahoma 6th grader's talent show performance. However, my 50-something-year-young-hip-friend had already showed it to me at work today.

I love her style, I love her music, and I can't wait to see what she does next.

I forgot to mention that last May, Michael's then-8-year-old-niece knew all the words to "Poker Face."

No comments: