Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hooray for Hollywood!





Tonight I went to the Pops to see John Williams conduct his music in the program entitled, "Hooray for Hollywood." What a wonderful concert and Symphony Hall was completely packed....with young people! About a third of the program included a silver screen in which scenes from films were shown as the orchestra played along. Highlights included E.T., the theme from 1941, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and the theme from Indian Jones as an encore. I'm going to the show again this Friday with Emily and so I'll be sure to take more pictures. What added to my excitement were all of the YOUNG people eagerly listening to the music, hanging over the rail of the balcony, and taking pictures with their cameras and phones. Is it weird that it seeing them gave me this sensational feeling of pride? Can't wait for Friday!!

No comments: