Saturday, May 22, 2010

Model of Alliteration








Karlie Kloss. Let me tell you something about this girl: she is everywhere! She has opened up for shows like Alexander McQueen Fall 2010, Karl Lagerfeld, six times in a row for a John Galliano designed show..and there's more! She's the face for Marc Jacobs' Lola, the new face for YSL cosmetics, not to mention all the editorials she's photographed for Vogue.

Why do I bring her up? I've always known she's from St. Louis and when Emily was visiting last weekend, I learned even more about her. She told me that her brother who is graduating high school this weekend said there's a really famous model who goes to his school but she's never there because she's always in New York or Europe. Uh oh... I jumped on Emily demanding if it was indeed, Miss Kloss. Turns out it is! Emily and I couldn't get over it and I immediately began showing her pictures in all my magazines, online, and basically going nutty over the whole coincidence. Both of us were radiating Midwest Pride, but Emily was especially beaming. We love her, we love all her siblings (and her parents) who all have the initials, K.K.

No comments: