Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Great Weekend













Michael picked up Emily from the airport on Friday and when we all met at home, we walked over to India Samaraat, our favorite (and very affordable) Indian restaurant in the area. We popped in next door at Sweet bakery for a cupcake; chocolate rhubarb for me, and Karat cake for Emily and M. We went to see John Williams conduct the Pops and there were even more kids there than Tuesday night! The music was great again and I felt even more inspired to watch Close Encounters and Superman (I've already requested them from the library).

Saturday morning the three of us picked up a Zip Car truck and took it over to Cambridge to retrieve our new bed from DWR. Getting it home was an adventure with Emily's arm out the back window attempting to hold everything in place. We had a yummy lunch at Symphony Sushi and then went for a walk through Back Bay: down Newbury Street, through the garden, on Charles Street into Beacon Hill. We hiked from there over to the South End where we had another amazing dinner at Coppa. Again, there was a crowd of people congregated outside waiting for them to open and were easily seated.

Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a thousand needles in my eye, the food there is amazing! We started with rosemary marinated mushrooms that knocked me off my rocker. I couldn't help my eyes rolling back and moaning...it was a ridiculous experience of flavor explosion. Remembering the experience makes me feel like the bottom is about to drop out all over again! I'm trying to remember what else we had......oh yeah!..Marinated peppers, another glass of that delectable chianti, ponies of Miller High Life, scrumptious homemade pasta with a mighty fresh pesto, M had a pizza, Em had some lovely looking zucchini dish (I'm still having a hard time recalling because those mushrooms dominate my brain!) When we left I was drunk cold on flavors all over again.

Sunday the three of us went for a four mile jog around the Charles River and I ran about 3/4 of the way. I am still super duper proud of myself since I'm not athletic whatsoever and have never taken to running. We had a big, healthy breakfast afterwards and then walked to the SOWA open air market in the South End, down the street from work. I found the cutest vintage skirt (thank goodness the waist measurements were on the tag or I would have never known what could fit) in a kelly green with royal roses down the center front. I can't wait to wear it! When I showed Michael the tag after we got home and I boasted that it was only $15, his reply was: you didn't negotiate?! I'm learning! I'm learning! Emily tried her first JP Licks and I had the new hard yogurt flavor: coconut almond chip; so refreshing!

Sunday evening we cooked out on the roof deck with some friends which was a great end to our weekend together. The view is the best.

I'm so glad my little friend was able to hang with M, Molly, and me for the weekend. We stick together and I've got your back no matter what. Midwest Pride!

No comments: