Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back in Boston

I'm back in Boston and tomorrow I'm off to Miami to do some serious relaxing.

Last week, Michael was able to come to Kansas City to spend some time with me, though I had to work.  Work's been great; exhausting, but really, really great.  Now that the climax of retail season is over, I'm hoping that when I return in just over a week (yay for a vacation), I'll have some time to do some more organizing, and making things more, "my own."

I'm not sure what it is about every time I visit Boston, but I never feel like I have a niche that I can settle into and get comfortable.  Perhaps if Molly was here, I had some of my things, and my own space to keep them, that might make a difference.  I never belonged to Rochester except for an education, but I made it, "my own."  I wonder what I'm really missing.  It's strange to feel like I'm, "waiting-for-the-next-thing-to-happen."  For instance, sitting around and wondering what I should do with myself, or what Michael and I will be off to do next.  Evidently, I've unconsciously owned the role of guest/visitor.  That's really not what I want to be.  So now I ask, how do I change?  Barack, will you please lend me some advice?

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Miami? Sounds heavenly! Enjoy!