Thursday, December 18, 2008

Molly Cat, my favorite cat.

For those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing Molly, you're really missing out on a simply delightful kitty.  My dad and I adopted her Christmas, 2004 for my mom and she named her.  So already knowing that, you've got to know this cat is very special, especially to me.  She has many traits of a dog.  She always greets me at the door when I get home from work, rubs herself all over me, meows chit chat, loves to play, licks a ton, and is extremely social with strangers.  Conveniently for me, she can eat on her own schedule, use the litter box when needed, and can be left alone without a second thought.

Wednesday morning when I woke up, Molly was lying next to me as usual, but she had a bit of blood on her mouth and her chin and jaw was extremely swollen.  She would try to yawn, open her mouth a few centimeters, then give up and close.  The pain!  When I was telling my grandmother about this, she commented, "Bless her heart!"  Only my grandma would say that about her grand kitty.  When I could see into Molly's mouth, her gums at her teeth were inflamed and it appeared that's where the blood was coming from.  I was able to leave work in the morning to take her to the vet and turns out she has gingivitis.  I have her on antibiotics and thankfully she's improved or else we could have had a much more serious issue on our hands/paws.  She has a dental appointment for Tuesday and I really hope that they don't find anything major or untreatable.

Since the visit to the vet yesterday and medication, Molly has her spunky spirit back which is a relief.  "Molly Cat" is a treat for me, my friends, and strangers alike.  I can't imagine being without her.  Every trip I take when I'm away from her, I tell whoever I'm with how much I miss her.  She's the best, and so was my first cat, Annie.

No comments: