Saturday, December 6, 2008

On the side of the road

I can only think of one person I've ever shared this with, so thought it'd be a good thought to blog.  Whenever I'm driving and I see really personal item along the side of the road, it bothers me, and my mind starts to make up stories about it.  I remember in Rochester there was a certain part of the inner loop that I saw a gray stuffed animal on the shoulder.  I felt so sad every time I saw it because in my mind, I thought about the child who it belonged to and who was without it now.  I think about that when I see shoes too.  Usually, one shoe is on the side of the road and I wonder how could a person loose one shoe on the side of the highway and still have their other.  Sometimes you see a pair of shoes tied together and then hanging on some city wire, high above the street.  Who did that to the owner of the shoes?  They're barefoot now!  That was not nice.  If someone did that to me I'd be totally pissed.  When I was driving home from the Briarcliff today, on 169 South, there was a baby play gym on the shoulder.  Not upside down or on it's side, but sitting up right as though someone actually placed it there.  I can't imagine.  It's such a strange thing to see and curiously, some baby or parent is without it.  Do they even know?

No comments: