Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Auntie Erin"

I'm not married and I'm an only child but I love being called, "Auntie."  My dear friends Gina and Jared have the most wonderful little boy, Addison and they call me "Auntie Erin."  I love, love, love it!  And I love, love, love Addison.  He turned six weeks old on Friday.  It's been a journey to see mommy's entire pregnancy, the labor, Addison as a newborn, and now at six weeks.  It's absolutely incredible.  He is a great little person with a personality that shows itself more and more each time I see him.
I feel so much pride and joy for my friends and their son.  What a compliment (and a brief moment of selfish pride) when I was holding Addison and Gina commented, "So natural."  I feel no rush for babies of my own.  Mom wrote this in my journal on my first birthday:

"11-18-1984
Happy 1st Birthday Erin.  Read all about your day in you baby book.
Dear Erin, I can't believe you are one year old.  Where has the time gone?  I re-lived every moment today of this day a year ago.  You will never know this feeling, an indescribable one, until you, yourself, become a mother.  Don't rush the experience, but don't miss it.  I love you very much.  Mother"

2 comments:

Madelyn said...

There's nothing better than having/raising/loving a baby that's your own! I'm excited for you when you are at that point! You'll be the best mom!

GiGi said...

Oh my gosh, Erin. This was the sweetest thing I have ever read! ANd how wonderful it is that you have that journal. You ARE going to be a great mom someday (like your mom said-take your time!). Until then you can be the best Auntie Erin there is!
We love you.
G, J & Addison