Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sick

The last night I was in Miami I started feeling pretty bad.  My glands in my throat felt enlarged and very sensitive and I started to develop a sore throat.  Thursday morning when I got up I felt much, much worse.  I slept the whole flight back to Boston, the rest of the day and then all of Friday.  I came back to Kansas City on Sunday feeling somewhat better, but not fully recovered.  Monday at work I felt worse, but Tuesday I felt great!  Not perfectly normal, but very, very good.  I went home, did my laundry, a little cleaning and then BAM!  Wednesday morning I woke up feeling 100% worse AGAIN!  Thursday morning I felt worse than I did the previous day.  I went to the doctor, explained what had been happening, that as time went on, I was gaining more bad symptoms and she was a little confused why it was my eight day not feeling well and I was feeling worse.  She put me on a "Z Pack" of antibiotics, and still, I wasn't feeling any better.  Now here it is, my tenth day and I'm feeling better.
Holy cow!  How long does something like this need to last?  It's been so frustrating, and I'm so proud of myself for not missing a day of work.  I did leave an hour early Thursday, but I haven't missed one day.  The only time I've ever had perfect attendance was in kindergarten.  I'm aiming for perfect attendance again, but there's no summer break to relieve me from my goal.

No comments: