Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've posted.  When I first got the idea to blog, I thought I would be writing often...guess not so much!  Keeping a private, personal journal and keeping a blog--it's a tug of war as to where to write and what to write.  Eh? *shrugs*

So I was in Boston two weeks ago and had a marvelous time!  I got in very late Friday night after work and on Saturday morning, Michael and I headed off for The Berkshires.  The Boston Symphony has an eight week summer season at Tanglewood and he gets a nice housing allowance to rent a place.  We went to check out the house he found in Richmond, MA, just a stone's throw from the New York state line.  The house couldn't have been closer to perfection.  It's about 150 years old, was a "safe house" for the mining operation (it shut down during The (first) Depression) and was recently renovated.  Saying again: the house is perfect!

About ten to fifteen minutes down the road is Great Barrington, home to McTiegue and McClelland, my favorite jewelry line that we carry at Halls.  When Michael and I walked in, Walter greeted me with a big, "hello", coming out from behind the counter to give me a hug and to be introduced to Michael.  After we had our greetings, he turned and said, "Erin, Michael; meet Jill and Yo Yo."  We turned to shake hands and there was Yo Yo Ma and his wife.  What are the chances of running into them in this tiny, out-of-the-way town in Massachusetts?  We visited for a bit and then we looked and looked.  Or maybe I just looked and looked.  We quickly ran past the time we had allotted and then had to race the two hours back to Boston so Michael could play his concert!

Sunday morning we got up, got a Zip Car (what an awesome service) and went to look about a chair.  Michael found a vintage rosewood Eames lounge and we drove the five to ten minutes to take a look.  We decided on it and towed it back home, then had brunch at Toro (my favorite!).  It had started snowing during the night and walking to the Back Bay wasn't too fun in loafers.  We stayed in the rest of the day cleaning up the chair and it ended up incredibly beautiful.  Our time together came to a close too quickly.  A massive snow storm was on it's way to Boston and I was hoping to get snowed in, but I made it out. :-(

Oh my gosh it's so hard being apart!

No comments: