Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dogs

So I'm housesitting/making-sure-my-friend's-16 year-old-stays-out-of-trouble for the next few days and they have a cat and two dogs.  A-Jax, is a great looking, very sturdy, black American lab, and is top dog.  While Boots, looks like some breed of herding dog with golden-black, burnt colored, fur.  Clearly Boots was abused in his previous life before my friend's family took him in from the wild.  It took one evening for him to warm up to me, but he did and now we're friends (and my favorite).

Yesterday and this morning, I've been woken up and begin to hear their whines.  They want out to run the large lot that the house sits on.  They get so excited when they see me and start hopping up and down and let out a few barks.  They scurry out the door and then run, and run, and run around the property.  They do come back to the back door and sit to see if I'm there and then they take off running again.  Yesterday I interpreted that as wanting in, but they'd only run in the house for a second and then beg to be let out again.  So today, I'm more savvy to their routine.  They now are waiting at the back door for longer periods; most likely because their hungry.  They can't eat till the boy is up and moving because he feeds them.

It's fun having the animals.  I just wish that it hadn't snowed and it was nice weather so I could have them go on a walk with me.

No comments: