Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday morning

March has been a month of visiting friends.  Leslie came the second weekend at the last minute and it was very enjoyable.  Unexpected for me, she brought me Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps!  They are my favorite and it was such a surprise!  We got some good food and tea and kept ourselves so busy that I got a stomach ache.  The weather was beautiful that weekend that we walked down to the River Market Saturday morning and really indulged in the produce.  We packed lunches and then headed for the Nelson to eat outside on the lawn and then went through the Asian exhibits.  We stopped by the library and then hung out in cosmetics at Halls for a little bit.  The weekend was fun and I felt lucky that she could come in on a Friday evening and then leave Monday morning while I was on my way to work.  We got all the time we wanted!

Last weekend Emily came to visit!  We also had some good food (and drinks!).  We were all over Kansas City on Saturday.  We went shopping on the Plaza (a totally gorgeous, gorgeous day) so she could see our massive GapBody, hit Standard Style, J.Crew, and Anthropologie.  We had lunch at Mixx (I took Leslie for dinner there her first night) and then headed out to meet up with Gina at Nordstrom where she was working a Bobbi Brown event.  We looked for gowns for Michael's brother's wedding and I found nothing!  But then, we got some jewelry making supplies together and Emily broke out her tools and we made some fun necklaces while watching the newly released, "Twilight."

On the subject of the Twilight series, I was very resistant to picking up those books at all since it's the rage!  I was encouraged to read the first book and I hesitantly did, but I totally got into it and I just finished the fourth book at the beginning of this week.  What great stories!  The movie, oh boy...good in some ways, unsatisfying in more.  I'm glad that I read the book first or I think I would have been discourage to after seeing the flick.

Yesterday evening I came to stay at a friend's home to keep an eye on it and her son.  So far, so good.  The bonus are the two dogs and friendly cat.  Well, there are more bonuses than that: being in a house out of downtown, on a massive lot with a green yard and lots of trees.  I just hope this weather becomes more pleasant so I can take the dogs out for walks.  The only drawback to this place is that I'm having a hard time finding anything!  Light switches are very hard to find here for the correct lights.  Oh my gosh, sounds easy right, but it's not.  This morning I couldn't find any tea or coffee, but I could easily find the kettle and the coffee pot.  Oy!

No comments: