Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's not the caffeine I'm addicted to...







Before I head out for my walk to work, Michael hand makes me an Americano every morning. He takes very special care in purchasing the best beans he can find, making sure the beans are perfectly ground (yes, there is an art to it), getting the tamp just right, and having the precise 25 second pour of espresso. He makes it personal and it tastes beautiful. Before going to Toronto yesterday, he showed me all of the steps to make sure I could take care of myself while he's away. This morning I did it myself and it was like the movie version of a book: pretty good but not the same. I'm not one who is the demanding type to be waited on...he started doing it for me because he likes the hobby of it and creating the perfect espresso. Plus, everything tastes better when it's made with love.

No comments: