Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kansas City Hey Hey Hey




So this past Monday was Patriot's Day (and the Boston Marathon). I took advantage of The Airlines not taking advantage of the holiday and headed home to Kansas City. I had set a tight schedule for the three days and only had a few delays, rearrangements, and missed two stops. All in all it was a great trip with the perfect weather and the perfect people.

Flew in Saturday morning, picked up my $4.98/day (thank you very much) rental car and headed to Arrow Cleaners. I found an amazing jacket in Phoenix at an even more amazing price that needed a good cleaning and I think we all know Arrow is the best, so I mailed it to them. Perfect! Next on the agenda was CVS for a refill and then on to Broadway Cafe (the roasting local) to pick up espresso beans for M. Next stop, the Mill Street Sun Fresh for Arthur Bryant's BBQ sauce; one for M & me and one for a friend at work. On to American Apparael for a last minute pair of tights and then Halls. I could have spent all three days there chatting with friends! On to a lunch date with Angie at West Side Local where we ran into the Nerds of Nerd Bots! Hair appointment at Julie's new salon, Speak! where my appointment ended up taking over three hours. What a delay that neither of us predicted and called for rearranging. On to Jim's swanky house to hang, then a surprise birthday party at the Flea Market (where I indulge with a medium rare cheddar Mini Market and a PBR), then back to Jim's where I nearly passed out.

On to Angie's cutie pie house for the night, a chat in the morning, and then Helga's for breakfast. Oh Helga! She's such a strong woman, inspiring, convicted, and has a warm heart. On to newly weds Albert and Meredith where I got to see their glorious pictures from the wedding M and I regrettably missed in Miami. Next stop was my dad's where I spent several hours catching up and collecting more of Mom's things. An 1 1/2 hour drive down to Emporia to spend the night with my grandparents who had dinner waiting for me, even though I arrived at 8:30 at night. Grandma and I chatted so much about everything under the sun, had lunch with my uncle at the university student union, helped out some with the computer (as I do on all my visits) and then made the 2 1/2 hour drive back to the airport. The non stop flight back to Boston was easy complete with tea and chocolate chip cookies.

The two stops I missed due to time: Hammerpress and Chris Elbow's.

Needless to say, it was a great trip!

No comments: