Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Day for the Earth


On my walk to work on this gorgeous morning, I was thinking of the ways of how I show our earth my love:
1. I walk to work.
2. I take 3-5 minute showers five times a week.
3. I take a 10 minute shower twice a week when I shampoo my hair.
4. I don't use plastic bags when shopping.
5. I use the paper grocery bag for my trash bag.
6. I eat natural and organic foods that I buy on a need basis so I waste very little.
7. I have only low energy light bulbs.
8. I turn the lights off!
9. I take public transportation.
10. We make a point to buy vintage clothes & furniture; another way of recycling.
11. I turn the water off when I'm washing my face or brushing my teeth.
12. I rescued Molly Cat who was a homeless kitty.
13. I tend plants in my home.
14. I'm not a litter bug.

I'd been thinking about how we need to do a much better job of recycling paper, plastics, aluminum, and glass. I think the primo reason we've been failing at this obvious Earth-loving habit is because 1.) It's not convenient to our building, and 2.) We have virtually no storage to keep a collection of cans and papers between drop offs. My self assignment is to reorganize (my fave hobby) under the kitchen sink to make room for a can/plastic and paper collection. We can do it! Every little bit helps in giving our planet an everlasting hug.

No comments: