Saturday, January 30, 2010

I hate my feet


I absolutely, positively, most-of-the-time hate my feet! I was born with super narrow feet. A shoe salesman when I was just a toddler recognized my fate. He told my mom that I was going to have a hard time my whole life....boy was he right! ARGH! I want to be able to buy a super cool, trendy pair of booties (that are relatively cheap) from Urban to wear for a season...but they don't fit! I got a pair of Jimmy Choo patent d'Orsays that fit in the beginning, but now the heel is always slipping AND I have three layers of inserts for the ball of my foot. The shoes that fit me the best are my Ugg moccasins (I only wear around the house) and sneakers. Well, I take that back: my Pucci printed silk ballet flats fit perfectly (with an insert no doubt) but those are limited to warm months and particular outfits.

Shoes that come in narrow widths are usually made mostly out of elastic and are too ugly for Grandma, or cost super $$$. I've tried layers of socks, heavy wool socks, heel grips, arch supportive inserts...you name it, I've tried it. If anyone out there has a suggestion, a bit of knowledge from a stone unturned, please share. I'm feeling desperate.

1 comment:

jeniferkarianne said...

It's really expensive, but apparently Louboutin's are fairly narrow. If it's worth anything, I always thought you looked great (shoes too) when you were in KC. :)