Saturday, January 16, 2010

A great thing about Boston...



Are the restaurants! Since living in Bean Town I have been loving food more than ever before. There are so many amazing restaurants here that there are times when you feel conflicted. For example, you had a great experience at Picco and want to go back, but then does that mean you're going to miss out on a new, undiscovered experience? I'd say that's a guaranteed yes every time.

We did revisit B&G Oysters last night for the second time with friends. The oysters we started out with were great and for the second time, I'm found that I prefer the flavors of the local compared to the West Coast varieties. We shared a lovely fennel salad with arugula, blood orange, and pine nut vinaigrette along with a plate of fried calamari with a spicy aioli. I opted to repeat the entree I had my first time because it was amazing: Lobster Coussoulet prepared with spinach, black truffles, and chestnuts atop a small bed of beans that resemble the look of river stones. Again, it was amazing! We finished with a shared ginger cake with a bourbon sauce and then a puff pastry atop a marscapone custard with figs. You too can find the flavors of heaven on a table in the South End.

1 comment:

GiGi said...

that dessert sounds divine.