Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first blog

So after reading Madelyn's blog many times, I decided this is the perfect time to start a blog.  I've started a new job as a Key Holder at Burberry, Michael's moving to play with the Boston Symphony, and I'm looking to the MS Society and Wayside Waifs to begin regular volunteering along with my regular blood donations.

Can I get a big, "Oy Vey!"  Michael leaves for Boston a week from today. :-(  Last night, we went out to Westport to try out Blanc Burger.  The atmosphere was the slickest we've found in KC, but the food, not as happening.  It was good, but we like great burgers so the only place to go is the Flea Market.  It was a fun evening though.  First time we've ever "pre gamed" at home and then when we were out, I unintentionally embarrassed Michael by ordering a Shirley Temple.

This morning after having coffee at the Filling Station, we found one of the two Frank Lloyd Wright houses in KC.  The old Valentine/Roanoke neighborhood is so beautiful and the house was tucked away from the road.  We chose not to venture down the drive on a Saturday morning--maybe we'll hit it up again when the owners are at work during the week!  Also went hunting for Drummond houses in old Leawood.  I wasn't thrilled, but that's as modern as you get in KC.

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Yay! Welcome to blogging! I was just thinking about you today so I was so delighted to find this! I love that you know so much about what to do in KC. I aspire to be cool like that. We're coming home tomorrow so hopefully we'll see you soon!