Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Make lemonade, seriously.

So the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  I've had run-ins with family, friends, colleagues, strangers, and the two most important lessons that I've learned are 1. Don't take it personally, and 2. It's, "their stuff."  Meaning, don't take it personally because it's an issue the other person needs to work through.  It hasn't been an easy habit for me to make for myself (this thinking), but it's worth the struggle, so make lemonade!

Work is well...I have good days and bad days.  That's all I want to say about that for now.

Last night Michael and I made Thai food and we were our usual speedy team of "Annie Sugarlane" and "Tom Undermount."  SOOO GOOD!  Made me think of some friends who lived in Thailand for a while, and the night before I wore my hot pink Thai lounge pants.  YES!  We went to the Flying Saucer for $2.75 pint night, had a couple (Overture to) Oberon beers, and met all the new symphony people for this year.  Seems like a nice, fun group.

No comments: