Sunday, September 4, 2011

Men, Cars and Love


The most important men in my life not only love me, but they love cars too. It was normal to park at the back of parking lots so we'd never run the risk of door dings. My dad once asked me if I wanted to go look at, "toy cars." Expecting a new Barbie doll, I was majorly disappointed to be driven to a dealership and not the toy store. My grandpa has a small collection of old cars and would drive me around in the powder blue Karmann Ghia convertible that was originally owned by my dad. Michael loves cars too but is more intense about everything from detailing to having a rare model. Typically his work schedule conflicts with all the summer shows, but we've had two opportunities to attend in the past couple months. In June the Volvo 1800 won runner up at a show in Portsmouth, RI and today it won it's class AND Best in Show for Swedish Car Day 2011 in Brookline, MA. Hooray!

Photos (top to bottom)
1964 Volvo 1800S, BMW Z4 M Coupe, 1969 VW Karmann Ghia, BMW Z3 Coupe

No comments: