Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lucky Me to be in Boston.


Not this past weekend, but the week before, we had the most beautiful weekend this year. No kidding! A high of 50 and clear sunny skies was the wish come true for every Bostonian. We went for a 6 1/2 mile walk and the whole city was smiling. We started at Symphony Hall (home), walked past Val Kilmer (Holy Cow Batman/Ice Man!), stopped by India Samraat for lunch, and headed north up Massachusetts Avenue all the way to Harvard Square. We stopped at Crema Cafe for a tea for me and an espresso for Michael. The square is always jammed packed with people, but it was even more so that Saturday. Michael suggested that we walk down JFK and then follow the Charles River all the way back past Boston University to Mass Ave and then home. We didn't realize how out of the way this route was, but we did it anyway. It couldn't have been a prettier day and we loved how many people were out walking, biking, running, or just hanging out. I felt super special and lucky getting to enjoy a day like that in a city like Boston.

Don't worry, I still heart Kansas City but I'm making more room for Bean Town.

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Yes you are lucky to be in Boston! I love your updates! After I read the one with pictures of your place, I dreamed that night that I came to visit you! It was awesome except I was afraid Elliott would break something and for some reason I just wanted to go swimming in your fancy pool downstairs. Although I bet you don't have a pool downstairs...silly dreams. I do miss you and think about you!