Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rain

Since I arrived here in the Berkshires last Saturday, the rain has become increasingly frequent. The basement's flooded a every time, some of the driveway washed away, the back yard has been flooded in some areas, some portions of roads are flooded or have been washed away, there is loose gravel, etc. etc.

I went into Boston yesterday and had lunch with a friend; fun change of scenery. Also wanted to see Emily, but she was busy with family things. It's nice that the more I visit the city the more familiar and comfortable I've become with it. When I went the first few times I felt somewhat intimidated and hermit-ish but now I'm feeling better.

Had dinner with some new friends last night and the night before I made quite a feast of bbq chicken and roasted parmesan veggies. Thanks to Giada!

Supposedly the rain should hold off for the rest of the day (though it's incredibly humid and damp) and I think I'll walk the couple miles to West Stockbridge to find some stationary to do some writing.

No comments: