Sunday, April 19, 2009

Out of hibernation

Spring is a Tease.  After weeks and weeks of feeling like Spring had finally arrived, it'd retreat and winter would wave, "hello."  I finally feel Spring now because I feel like I can venture outside of my four walls and have adventures.  This is the first weekend in many, many weeks that I've had all to myself.  I believe since February, I've either had guests visiting, or I've been out visiting.  It has been nice to relax and have my own time.  Friday night some of us celebrated Lisa's birthday at JJ's and it was so much fun, though I was the youngest and the only non-divorcee.

Yesterday I found myself exploring my neighborhood.  I went by Halls Crown Center for the first time in eons and I couldn't believe how great the store looked.  Really, really, really good and terrific merchandise too!  I'm really glad that store is getting a much needed, and overdue facelift.  Though I didn't find shoes to wear to the wedding here in a few weeks, I did find so many other things that I did like.  After that I wondered the floors of River Market Antiques.  I don't think I've ever gone alone; it's always been Michael's and my place to scavenge.  I did find a table for my massive, shedding, and sunburnt fern.  It's just perfect and now the plant is further away from direct sunlight and should get even bigger and greener!  Going to the gym was great, taking my time in the shower, and then meeting Meredith at Aixois in Crestwood.

We ended up closing the place!  I don't know how many times that's happened for me, but everything was fun.  I even tried escargots without blinking an eye and they were great!  The staff and owners seemed to take to us so we even had a glass of a port with a chocolate, on the house.  I swear, sitting and eating at the bar of a nice restaurant is a good way to go.  Every time I do it, I usually get something extra as well as meeting someone new.  Thanks to my friend Sloan who introduced me to that style of dining.  It's great.

No comments: